The Legal Notice of this Website
Using the content on Meteorological Satellite Center of JMA website
Information made available on Meteolorogical Satellite Center of JMA website (hereinafter referred to as “Content”) may be freely used, copied, publicly transmitted, translated or otherwise modified on condition that the user complies with provisions 1 to 6 below. Commercial use of Content is also permitted.
1. Source citation
The user must cite the source when using the Content. Sources should be cited in the following manner:
(Examples of source citation)
Source: Meteorological Satellite Center website (URL of relevant page)
“Chart/picture names” (from Meteorological Satellite Center website)
If you have edited the Content for use, you must include a statement expressing that the Content has been edited,
in addition to the abovementioned source citation,
but not in any way that making public or using edited information in a format that may be misconstrued as
having been created by the Government of Japan (or its ministries and/or agencies).
(Example of citation when using edited content)
Based on “Chart/picture names” (Meteorological Satellite Center) (URL of relevant page)
Created by Company YY based on XX Survey (Meteorological Satellite Center) (URL of relevant page)
2. No infringement of third party rights
- In some cases, a third party (refers to a party other than the state. Hereinafter referred to as “Third Party”) may hold copyrights or other rights to a part of the Content. For Content where a Third Party holds copyrights or other rights (e.g. portrait rights in a photograph, publicity rights etc.), it is the responsibility of the user to obtain consent for use from the Third Party unless there is explicit indication that the rights have already been cleared.
- If a Third Party holds rights to a part of the Content, said fact may be directly or indirectly stated or indicated through source citations, but in some cases the part of the Content to which the Third Party holds the rights may not be clear or may not be explicitly stated. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm the rights pertaining to use of the Content.
- Even if a Third Party holds copyrights to the Content, some use of the Content, such as quoting, may be allowed without the consent of the copyright holder, under the Copyright Act of Japan.
- Symbol mark, Logo, and Character Design which represent the organization or specific business.
4. Governing law and jurisdiction
- The state bears absolutely no responsibility for any action taken by the user involving the use of the Content (including use of information based on edited Content).
- The Content may be modified, moved or deleted without prior notice.
- In principle, users are free to create links to information on “ the Official Website of the Meteorological Satellite Center/JMA”. However, this does not apply to information contained on the website where restrictions concerning links are denoted.
- Users should indicate clearly that the link(s) they create are to “ the Official Website of the Meteorological Satellite Center/JMA.” (This does not require prior notification to the Cabinet Secretariat.)
- When a link is created, users are requested to ensure that the link to the website does not open as a frame within another website, but opens as a new window.
- The Meteorological Satellite Center/JMA takes every possible care to ensure the accuracy of information contained in this website. However, the Meteorological Satellite Center shall not assume responsibility for any consequences whatsoever that may result from decisions or actions taken by users based on the information on this website.
- The Meteorological Satellite Center is not responsible to users for any damages arising from a temporary cessation of service due to maintenance of the website or a force majeure such as fire, power outage or other natural disasters, virus, or interference by a third party.
- Information on the website may be changed or deleted without prior notice.